Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Trick or Treat - Candy Corn


Hey folks - it's Holly posting today. In less than a month and a half, Halloween will be here! Walmart and the grocery stores already have the big ol' bags of Halloween candy out for sale, and it won't be long before we see all the fun costumes that the little kids will be running around in.

When I saw this cute Trick or Treat stamp in the Eureka store, I really wanted to have a candy corn background to go with it. I couldn't find any candy corn stamps, so I got a little creative.

I ordered two of these Trick or Treat stamps, and I trimmed the one on the right side so I could use it as designed.


For the second stamp, I cut out three of the candy corn pairs and trimmed them. I adhered them to a clear acrylic block and stamped them all over my background.


Now I can use the separated candy corn stamps to make backgrounds, to stamp next to a "Happy Halloween" sentiment, anything I want. Isn't that a fun little trick? :-)

Stamps: Trick or Treat (Eureka Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
CS: Orange, Black, White
Other: Copic markers, ribbon (Offray)

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card! What a great idea to cut the stamp apart like that. I have done this with a couple sentiment stamps and put them together in different ways. Makes them even more versatile!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete