Friday, September 9, 2011

A Fall Drive (QKR Stampede)


I can forget all about the world when I’m in my stamp room creating and this was such a fun card to get lost in!

To start off I drew the highway on cardstock to make a template which I’ll store for future use. I designed the template about a quarter inch wider than the card so I have room to move it into different positions according to the scene then what hangs over the edge is cut off. I layered the same amount of cardstock under at each to match the thickness that it rest on.

The white lines were added with Sakura gel pen and the edges were ink distressed with Ranger Distress Ink – black soot.

The scene was created by masking off with torn edged paper and sponging, I always sponge the lightest colors first (the sky) so the dark doesn’t get picked up on the sponge. Once the layers are on I stipple with a plastic stipple brush to add texture.

The trees are Fiskars large and small tree punches and I cut the middle down just a little so all three are different sizes. Aleene’s tacky glue was used to attach the Autumn Flower Soft.

The little pond was colored in with Copic markers it’s best to do this before you sponge on your ink so the markers won’t be damages by picking up the distress ink.

The cattail was also colored with Copic markers, cut out and I layered the bottom with the same thickness that the top will rest on. ¼ and 1/8” circle punches work well for this task.

The sky was created using my acetate cloud template sponge and ink.

The sun is cut with 1/14” and 5/8” circle punches and attached together with Aleene’s Paper Glaze because it a shiny coated glitter paper so it doesn’t shed. I then cut the V shapes freehand all around.

Images: QKR Stampede -  14501 Car, 11602 Cattails
Paper: The Paper Man – speckled black, grey for trees, Bazzill – dark yellow, reddish, grey, unknown white for scene, Beckett Expressions – Iceberg for images
Ink: Memento – Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Ink – black soot, pine needles, peeled paint, broken china, forest moss
Copic colors: Car – 110 black around the edge, R59,46, C00,0,1,2,3,5, Water – B32,34,49, Cattails – G28,09,05,07, E25,29,37

2 comments:

  1. I just love this! The scene feels like a day in Fall driving along.
    Great job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love it, so creative.

    ReplyDelete