Thursday, July 8, 2010

Camp Notes

Hi there. It is Jessica here today. I wanted to share a little set of note cards I made using some of the adorable QKR Stampede images. In 10 days I will be sending my oldest DD off to Girl Scout overnight camp for the first time ever. Lets just say, mom is a little freaking out...lol. Well, I wanted to make her some little note cards to be able to write home. I made 4 cards, and will have the envelopes all addressed and stamped for her. Here is the whole set.(sorry about my toes in there...lol) And here is a close-up of each card.
As you can see, they are very simple note cards, but I thought they still turned out cute. For each card, I cute a piece of PP for the background. Then added the "hello" & "from camp!" sentiments. For the first card, I used the QKR Stampede image called Patchwork Sun. I colored the image with marker, and used colors from the PP background. The second card I used the QKR Stampede image called Roasting Marshmallows. I colored the image with colored pencils, and added some liquid applique to the marshmallows. I can honestly say I am looking forward to getting one of these in the mail...I am going to miss her soooooo much!

2 comments:

  1. These are PERFECT (and so cute, too)!!!! What a great idea to pack them with your daughter's camp gear so she can send notes home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete